JUNIOR EXPERTS IN DELEGATION PROGRAMME
Jobs around the world
The way to become a member of permanent staff for the External Service is to get through an open competition exam.
However, Delegations make extensive use of local agents who are generally employed on an indefinite basis, even though the contractual conditions differ from those of officials. Vacancies for local agents in Delegations are generally published in the most popular newspapers in the country of interest.
As regards temporary jobs, you may find of interest:
* The Junior Experts in Delegation Programme, which enables successful candidates to be employed as a full member of the “administrative and technical staff” of a Delegation for a period of two years.
The indicative work schedule has been proposed to Member States:
– 1st August 2010: transmission by the permanent Representation of the 2 pre-selected applications by your authorities for each of the positions agreed by the Member State on the basis of the eligibility criteria. As a reminder, the programme allows the recruitment of 2 Junior Experts per Member State. Other positions can be fully financed by a Member State based on a prior conclusion of a standard administrative agreement (“bilateral folder”) of the programme. Applications forwarded by e-mail are accepted provided the attached Commission application form, duly signed and dated, is being used
and at disposal;
– checking of the candidates’ eligibility and selection of candidates based on application until the 15th of
– 1st October 2010, communication of a list containing the names of the selected candidates (who will receive a proposal for a posting), and a reserve list;
– 1st November 2010 at the latest, communication of the proposed duty station to the selected candidates (and to the Permanent Representations);
– 10th January 2011: start of the contract with a pre-posting training of 3 to 4 weeks in Brussels;
– Beginning February 2011, taking up duties of JED in Delegation.
The Programme is coordinated by the External Relations Directorate General, Unit K/6 of the European Commission: